We welcome our newest team member this week. Registered Massage Therapist Brittany Squires has joined the team at Ponoka Physiotherapy. Brittany brings in a wealth of knowledge from her experience working in Canmore where she provides services to a wide range of individuals.
Brittany would like to share 5 benefits of massage that you may not know about:
- Lower Stress : Massage Therapy helps lower your heart rate and blood pressure and relax your muscles. This in turn helps increase the production of endorphins (known as your body’s feel good chemical). As a result this counters the stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline in your body.
- Increase muscle ability : Working out the tension and tightness in your muscles helps make them more pliable and responsive to the demands that you place on them daily. Elite athletes utilize the services of registered massage therapists on a frequent basis to help keep their muscles fine tuned.
- Manage Pain : The value of touch plays an important role in relieving pain. The hands of a good massage therapist can improve circulation and stretch away taut muscles. This in turn will provide the fertile ground needed for you to manage your daily tasks and exercise.
- Improve Physical Fitness : Regular massage can keep your body in proper form and painfree thus allowing you to continue your exercise programs. The correct exercise, on a regular basis, helps keep your body working optimally.
- Boost Mental Health & Wellness : From the effects noted above, there is a direct correlation to mental health and wellness. When your body feels good and functions optimally, this leads to a happy body and mind.
These are just some of the benefits of massage therapy. Give us a call to find out whether massage therapy is right for you.
DID YOU KNOW: Most extended Health Plans cover all or part of massage therapy fees? Our clinic also handles all of the billing with most insurance plans so we take the worry of payment and paperwork away from you.
ABOUT OUR CLINIC: We have been serving the community of Ponoka and surrounding area for over 25 years. All our practitioners (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapist, Massage Therapists, Acupuncture Practitioner) are fully licensed and registered with their regulatory organizations to provide the services that we offer. Our clinic also utilizes the services of off site dietitians and psychologists for clients who require their expertise.
Give us a call today. You will be pleasantly surprised to see the changes that we’ve done to provide you with the most up to date care.