On Friday March 27, 2020 our Premier identified that all non essential businesses and services were to close. Physiotherapy Alberta, our provincial regulatory body, identified that certain physiotherapy services may be considered essential and urgent and therefore may be continued to be provided by Private Practice Clinics like Ponoka Physiotherapy & Acupuncture Clinic but under very specific guidelines.
If clients qualify, based on the premise that they require urgent care, and that they cannot be effectively treated by other means, then they must still meet stringent accessibility criteria before being admitted into our facility.
Clients will be asked to affirm that the following statements are negative:
- Do you have the following symptoms:
- Cough of recent onset (1 month)
- Shortness of Breath
- Difficulty Breathing
- Have you returned to Canada from outside the country (including USA) within the last month?
- Do you live with or have close contact (within 2m/6ft) with a person with an influenza like illness (ILI) who has travelled outside of Canada in the last month before their illness?
- Do you live with or have had close contact (within 2m/6ft) with someone who is ill with fever and/or cough and ILI symptoms while
- not wearing recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and/or
- not practising social/physical distancing as appropriate to the setting?
- Have you had close contact (within 2m/6ft) with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 while
- Not wearing PPE and/or
- not practising social/physical distancing?
If you answered YES to any of these questions please do not attend our clinic. Rather call us @ 403.783.4702 to discuss options of physiotherapy delivery for you.
Thank you for your attention to this. We are glad that we have the ability to stay open and provide you with your urgent care needs. Please adhere to the policies that we have in place. Together we can keep both you and our staff safe.
Together we can!