What are Physiotherapy Exercises?
Exercises are an essential component to the recovery process of patients with musculature conditions. If you want your life back, you will have to do the right kind of exercises with your physiotherapist.
Our bodies require strength, mobility and coordination to move both painlessly and freely. However, when an injury occurs, certain parts of the body become stiff, weak, and swollen causing both pain and a loss of normal function. You may have experienced this while injuring yourself playing an activity, only to wake up in pain the next morning. You can’t get out of bed because it hurts too much. Exercise rehabilitation is necessary to restore normal muscle function and control of your body. When performed correctly and safely under the guidance of your physiotherapist, exercise has the potential to relieve pain.
Proudly serving Ponoka and surrounding area for over 25 years our team of physiotherapists are educated in both injury diagnosis and the science of exercise. They will thoroughly examine and assess you and individually customize a one-on-one physiotherapy exercise program designed just for you, based on your needs, your risk of fracture and your current activity level. When collaborated with physiotherapy, massage therapy and kinesiology treatments, physiotherapy exercises can help you:
- Achieve fitness goals safely
- Correct posture
- Get the Care You Deserve
- Identify fitness goals
- Improve strength, body awareness and balance
- Improve your fitness performance
- Maximize recovery from injury (e.g., sports injuries, motor vehicle, work-related)
- Rehabilitate injured area
- Resolve musculoskeletal problems (e.g. back, neck)
- Restore normal muscle functions
- Restore strength, flexibility, and mobility
- Return to work, sports activities earlier