Over the course of 30-45 minutes we will analyze your history and current situation, including:
- Where you’re having the problem
- How the problem started
- How the problem is affecting your ability to do daily activities
- Your past medical history & any medications you are taking
- A detailed physical examination
- Checking your posture
- Examination of range of motion
- Testing for muscle strength, ligaments, tendons, and nerves
Your physiotherapist may also check your balance, walking or how much you can lift or carry.
Once the assessment is complete, your physiotherapist will diagnose what is causing the problem and discuss a physiotherapy treatment program.
You will then be asked to give consent to the treatment program. Before giving consent, make sure you fully understand the treatment plan. If you need clarification ask your physiotherapist and they will explain the treatment plan in more detail.